Keeping up-to-date with frequent regulatory changes is imperative, because non-compliance entails substantial financial penalties and irreversible reputational damage from media coverage. Additionally, tax regimes across the world are actively collaborating to ensure the equitable taxation of profits, especially for cross-border transactions. At Max Lewis Consultants, our tax services team stands ready to help you fulfill your tax compliance obligations in the area of corporate tax, international tax, goods and services tax (GST) and personal tax filing for foreign expatriates working in Singapore.
Going further than compliance, we seek to add value by working proactively with you to identify your company’s or your own individual tax risks as well as any tax planning opportunities that may arise.
We assist our clients with the preparation of tax returns as well as in the handling of negotiations and correspondence with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) including enquiries arising from IRAS investigations or audits. Our broad spectrum of Singapore corporate tax advisory includes:
- Preparing and filing company income tax returns and tax computations for clients
- Assisting clients with withholding tax compliance
- Assisting clients with corporate tax planning locally and internationally to maximize tax efficiency
- Assisting clients in the review and application of grants, local tax incentives and advance tax rulings
- Assisting clients with tax investigations and/or tax audit issues
- Representing clients on tax objections and disputes
- Reviewing corporate tax matters for due diligence purpose
- Assisting clients with Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) compliance work
Our firm has extensive experience working on both international and local tax issues, including advising on tax issues arising from mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, reverse charge, overseas vendor registration, indirect VAT/custom taxes, contentious tax controversies, cross border international tax planning including setting up of family offices, withholding tax implications, devising investment tax structures, FATCA compliance, in addition to advising on EDB and other government tax incentives.
Our in-house expert has strong private sector experience spans domestic and international taxation, corporate tax, withholding tax, goods and services tax, property tax, stamp duties and personal income tax. He has also represented clients in exchange of information cases with IRAS. He has achieved successful settlements for clients in investigation and audit cases, following private negotiations with IRAS for taxpayers in difficulties.
Our achievements include:-
Successfully appeal to IRAS to avoid forfeiture of tax losses amounting to $11 million due to amalgamation between two related entities under the umbrella of a main board listed company.
Successfully advised a client on effective tax restructuring for a planned REIT IPO raising $15 million.
We have a team of highly qualified in-house experts:
- Masters of International Taxation (New South Wales);
- Accredited Tax Advisor (Income Tax & GST) from SCTP Singapore;
- Chartered Tax Adviser (Australia), Tax Institute of Australia;
- Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (TIHK);
- Member of the Tax Executive Institute (TEI), USA;
- Advanced Diploma in International Tax, Chartered Institute of Taxation;
- Advanced Professional Certificate in International Taxation (APCIT).